- Member of the Tokyo Bar Association (registration number 30919)
- Admitted in New York State (registration number 4719845)
- Shuji Tonogai
Born on June 11, 1974.
Raised in Kyotanabe City, Kyoto Prefecture, and graduated from Rakusei Junior High School and Senior High School.
When I first became a lawyer, I experienced a number of lawsuits and learned about trial practice. After experiencing corporate law practice in which the clients were a wide range of companies, including financial institutions and manufacturing companies, I went to study in the U.S. and spent a year in law school studying financial laws of the United States, and I passed the New York Bar Examination. I worked at a law firm in Singapore for the next year and was responsible for legal matters of Japanese companies in Southeast Asia. After returning to Japan, I have been involved in the international cases such as international transactions of corporations and support for overseas expansion as well as corporate legal affairs related to finance, real estate, and other matters, and civil and criminal cases involving individuals.
My hobbies include watching baseball games, playing golf, and overseas trips. When I was a university student, I belonged to the dance sport club.
- March 1999
- Graduated from the Faculty of Law, the University of Tokyo
- November 2001
- Passed the bar examination
- October 2003
Completion of legal training (56th) and registration of lawyers
Joined Ozawa and Akiyama Law Offices
- May 2008
Graduated from Boston University School of Law in U.S.
Completed LL.M. in Banking and Financial Law
- September 2008
to August 2009
- Worked at Kelvin Chia Partnership in Singapore
- November 2008
- Passed New York Bar Exam
- May 2009
- Registered as a New York lawyer
- September 2009
- Returned to Ozawa and Akiyama Law Offices
- August 2015
- Approved as the Support Agencies for Business Innovation (Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry)
- April 2018
- Established Tonogai Law.